WHAT ARE FOOD PACKS?
Friendship partners with the Kershaw Baptist Association and the Kershaw County School District to provide packs of food for students who don’t have food on the weekends, as well as families with a need in our area. Packs are filled bi-weekly and delivered to schools for distribution.
3 ways to participate
- Help fill packs with food. Packings times are the second Sunday of each month immediately following our 10:45am service. This is a great way for families to serve together, and even to introduce kids to serving at a young age! Simply show up after the 10:45am service in our Kids Elementary wing. If you have questions, please email Tiffany Smith at email@example.com
- Donate financially to Food Packs through online giving. Be sure to select the fund: Community Outreach.
- Donate food items (examples listed below) in the Guest Services area. All items must be single servings. Canned items should have pop tops for opening. Other items should be tear-open or peel-off tops.
- Vienna sausage
- Potted meat
- Tuna, canned or pouch
- Chicken, canned or pouch
- Spam in individual tear-open pouches
- Beanie Weenies
- Chili or chili & beans
- Spaghettios, Beefaroni, or other pasta foods
- Mac & Cheese – already prepared
- Individual serving of fruit (cups/cans)
- Peanut butter or cheese filled crackers (6-cracker packs are best)
- Pop Tarts
- Instant Oatmeal (pouches)
- Instant Grits (pouch)
- Granola breakfast bars
- Individual boxes of cereal
- Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds
- 8 oz. Juice boxes
- Pudding Cups
- Ramen Noodles
- Hot chocolate (pouches)
- Small bags of pretzels, animal cookies, or other individually wrapped cookies or cakes
If you have any questions about Food Packs, please contact us!