WHAT IS SACKS OF LOVE?
Friendship partners with the Kershaw Baptist Association and the Kershaw County School District to provide sacks of food for students who don’t have food on the weekends, as well as families with a need in our area. Sacks are packed bi-weekly and delivered to schools for distribution.
3 ways to participate
- Help fill sacks with food. Packings occur every other Thursday evening at 7pm. This is a great way for families to serve together, and even to introduce kids to serving at a young age! Simply show up at Friendship by parking on the left side of the building (by basketball hoops) and entering the side entrance. (Upcoming packing dates: 9/3, 9/17, 10/1, 10/15, 10/29, 11/12).
- Donate financially to Sacks of Love through online giving. Be sure to select the fund: Remember Egypt: Helping Our Community.
- Donate food items (examples listed below) in the Guest Services area. All items must be single servings. Canned items should have pop tops for opening. Other items should be tear-open or peel-off tops.
- Vienna sausage
- Potted meat
- Tuna, canned or pouch
- Chicken, canned or pouch
- Spam in individual tear-open pouches
- Beanie Weenies
- Chili or chili & beans
- Spaghettios, Beefaroni, or other pasta foods
- Mac & Cheese – already prepared
- Individual serving of fruit (cups/cans)
- Peanut butter or cheese filled crackers (6-cracker packs are best)
- Pop Tarts
- Instant Oatmeal (pouches)
- Instant Grits (pouch)
- Granola breakfast bars
- Individual boxes of cereal
- Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds
- 8 oz. Juice boxes
- Pudding Cups
- Ramen Noodles
- Hot chocolate (pouches)
- Small bags of pretzels, animal cookies, or other individually wrapped cookies or cakes
If you have any questions about Sacks of Love, please contact us!